WordPress for Videographers

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

WordPress for Videographers, check out the first of a four-part series on this popular free website building program, by guest writer Heidi mueller.

Published today: the second of a 4-part series on “WordPress for Videographers” by guest blogger Heidi Mueller. Posted today on E.C. Come, E.C. Go.

Participant

I am a photographer and videographer.I have to ditch my Flash site because it just doesn’t work like it should, especially with Apple products.

I want to showcase my photos AND video. Is WordPress a good choice? I keep hearing about Joomla.

Chris

Personally, WP is an excellent choice and all a person will ever need for fully functional and easily implemented website development, addressing ALL the areas of website content that are important to the video and/or photography independent businessperson.

Several of my associates from Video StoryTellers! as well as business associates, after hearing my raves regarding HostGator hosting and WordPress website development capabilities have either pulled off what they were using/doing or started up their operations with this combination based on recommendation and their own personal findings when researching these two valuable website development components.

The great thing about WordPress is that it has a short learning curve and is very well documented. It is important to keep it updated though, so you don’t get your site hacked.

When you are ready for something more comprehensive try out Drupal. It is my favorite CMS πŸ™‚

I totally agree with you. No doubt wordpress is the best cms but it also has some disadvantages. Sufficient weight load on the server, Sometimes a low download speed, A limited set of basic functions, Duplication of pages and images, A large number of low-quality themes and add-ons with errors, The relative distrust of search engines to sites on free engines. WordPress engine, especially a large number of supplements thereto may substantially burden the server on which the site is located. In order to avoid an excessive load is necessary to reduce the number of installed plug-ins to the minimum necessary. Anyways, i am also using WordPress CMS on my own website designed by worksole(.)com just due to its easiness. Thanks for sharing the nice thread with us.

Participant

Can you recommend a good WordPress theme that integrates well with photo and video?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap