Wireless Video

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, thanks for being a great forum, and having very educated answers.

At my high school, we broadcast our news show once a week, from a DV tape in our library. Now our class is considering to broadcast live. The room which our studio would be in is about 200 yards from the library, so is there any way to send our video from our studio to the library without any massive destruction?
      Also, what are the different methods of broadcasting a signal throughout a school?

Sorry if my questions are not so specific, but I’ll find out more info soon.

Thanks a lot for your advice,

Spencer Stewart

Participant

Okay, maybe I asked the questions awkwardly. Is there any way of transferring broadcast quality video live without wires?

Is this possible?

Inactive

I don’t know the answer to your question my friend. But there are many member on here who just sign up to exploit this site and not contribute and help out other, I might not know much but i still try to throw down my two cents if I could. I see many member with only one post, and never see them online again, and I think that is the reason why we don’t see much replies. I stuck to this site though, because there are more people sticking together in this community then other. But vfxtalk.com is still my very best source of network.

Inactive

Spencer Stewart Wrote:

Hi, thanks for being a great forum, and having very educated answers.

At my high school, we broadcast our news show once a week, from a DV tape in our library. Now our class is considering to broadcast live. The room which our studio would be in is about 200 yards from the library, so is there any way to send our video from our studio to the library without any massive destruction?
      Also, what are the different methods of broadcasting a signal throughout a school?

Sorry if my questions are not so specific, but I’ll find out more info soon.

Thanks a lot for your advice,

Spencer Stewart

I have not seen anything low end that will transmit that distance with out some signal loss. Of course this can be done but it could take a lot of money to do.

Participant

Thanks for your replies.
      I didn’t think so either…
      Bummer, I doubt my principle will go through with any construction to place the wires.
      Thanks for everyone’s two cents

Inactive

the newest high speed wireles computer networks can handle the video….look at the apple tv….what is it 80211n or g or something stupid like that…should be able to handle either dv or compressed video streams.

Participant

Thanks, that’s a really good idea. I’ll have to look into that and see if there’s a way to stream the video live.

Inactive

;0) Wrote:

the newest high speed wireles computer networks can handle the video….look at the apple tv….what is it 80211n or g or something stupid like that…should be able to handle either dv or compressed video streams.

Handling the video sure but over that range?

Participant

I saw in the magazine Popular Science, a wireless network booster. I forget what it’s called, but it was only $50 and with many of them, it is possible to extend a network as large as necessary.
      The largest question would be streaming the video.

Looking at some of the video switchers out there, Focus Enhancement’s MX-4 series have an ethernet port. What can you do with it? Does anyone have any experience with video switchers like that?
      Or is there a program on a computer than can stream video to computer, live?

Thanks a lot for your comments

Participant

Sorry guys, I think I came up with an even simpler solution.

I’m wondering if it would be possible to daisy-chain these.

http://www.smarthome.com/7654s.html

It is a transceiver and receiver that can input/output composite video/audio, on the 2.4ghz frequency.

If so, this would be much simpler.

Again, Thanks for all your input,

Spencer Stewart

Participant

Sorry, but it turns out BH Photo even has a category of this equipment. Most likely my school will order this one:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/483124-REG/RF_Link_AVS-5808_AVS_5808_5_8GHz_Wireless_8_Channel.html

Thanks guys

Participant

When I was in grade school, I belonged to the morning news group. We did news live twice a week. Basically we took the video from the mixer and output it to a TV/VCR that was connected to all the TVs in school. So if you can’t do wireless, which probaby wouldn’t work (I had broadband wireless, but the download speed at 50 feet through the house went down to 40 KB upload and 150 KB download, so that might not work out for you with all the rooms and equipment in between the studio and library) unless you spent loads for the best wireless. Might be easier to just wire along the ceiling or floor in a corner.

Participant

Huh. Thats a good point. I’ll have to check with my teacher what our budget is.

Also, did you just broadcast through the school through a coaxial cable? Our whole school is rather old (1964) but is all connected by coaxial cables. Can you simply broadcast from any of the connections? (my teacher should know this… )
      Thanks

Spencer Stewart

Participant

As long as you can connect the coaxial cable to your feed and distribute it to the school, then it should work.

If not, you can always find a converter that should do the trick.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Choosing the Right Lens: The Ultimate Guide

The best lenses for video — 2020

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap