Wireless Mike audio not heard with Final Cut Express

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Wireless Mike audio not heard with Final Cut Express

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 13 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I video taped a wedding ceremony using a wireless mike on the ministers lapel. I plugged the remote receiver into my Sony camcorder (DCR-PV110 model) . Using Firewire, I imported the project into Final Cut Express on my iMac. I cannot hear the audio for this portion of my production in Timeline. I only see two audio tracks in the Timeline. I can however hear the sound when I play the MiniDV tape on my camcorder, if I plug a headset into the camcorder. So I know I have recorded the sound on my digital tape.

Inactive

If that previous post doesn’t get you straight, before you pack yer bags here’s one more idea to try:
      Somewhere in your menu is an "extract audio from video clip" feature…..try that and see what happens. (has worked for me in Imovie).

Inactive

you might try importing the clip from the camera into quicktime pro then exporting the audio as an aiff file which you could then inport into finalcut pro.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap