Wireless mic and XLR inputs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I have an HVR-A1U which has 2 XLR input which work wonderfully, but I was looking into getting 1 maybe 2 wireless lav mics to shoot weddings with. All the stuff I’ve looked at seems to output from the reciever with a minijack. I was specifically looking at the Azden wireless setups. Are there any that output with XLR or would it be best just to use an adapter?

I should also probably say that Im very new to this.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Inactive

This is your lucky day. πŸ˜€

I purchased a Azden 200UPR system which is a two channel wireless receiver and mine came with a special adapter with a stereo pin on one end that split into two male XLR connectors. The pin goes into the output of the receiver and the XLR plugs go into your twin XLR breakout box on the camera. This gives you the capability of using 2 mics at the same (time one per channel)

I would double check with Azden to confirm that this is a standard item with the unit. Don’t buy it there for it is a lot cheaper at B&H.

RAM

Inactive

Thank you very much RAM. I checked it out and it does come standard with the reciever. I was wondering if it is a product that you would recomend. i.e. Is that quality good and are there any drawback to it? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Inactive

Absolutly!

This is a favorite amongst a lot of us video guys. It has a decent range and works especially well when your mics are in line of sight. When I first got mine my son actually went to the back of the house in his bedroom and it still worked. It does a very nice job for weddings of which I use mine for. I also just did a high school play in a 850 seat auditorium much like a movie theater and I had the mics way up front while I was in back with 2 cameras and the sound came out better than I imagined. For the money you can’t go wrong. The only thing you have to watch out for outside intererferece from another source such as another mic or even radio/TV stations. So far I have never had that problem. If there is another signal present, you can just switch frequencies. I’m not sure how many there are but there are a lot of them you can switch too. With the 2 channel reciever you get true stereo sound.

RAM

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap