Wireless Broadcasting to internet

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Anyone using some gear for sony fx1 or other camcorder to shoot directly to internet via wireless connections.

I think I have seen some gear by panasonic cant remember if it was comaptible with any camcoder

Please let me know any experince.

Thanks

Participant

your question is a little vague….

but here’s an attempt:

I broadcast events on occasion with my macbook and quicktime broadcaster.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/

Inactive

Thank you for your reply.

here is what I would like to be able to do. Shoot direct through wireless connections to a web page on my site. So what I need are which componets to hook up to this. Starting from my Sony would I connect using s-video out to laptop that links with wireless network out to the internet?

Any help would be great. It just seems that someone would have created a wiless device that attaches to the camcoder and transmitts wireless to the internet.

Kemper

Participant

Basically what I do is connect my camera with RCA chords to a capture device that has a USB connector to a laptopthat has a wireless connection. You can pick these up atany PC store for around$50.You want to make sure that your upload speed is adequate enough to handle your video. Also keep in mind the resolution of the video.I generally do a 320×240 at282K.I make sure my upload speedis over 400K.It provides a decent enough video that the end user can easily view without distortion or having to wait on the buffer.

Hope this helps.

Participant

sony camcorder-firewire cable-mac.

quicktime broadcaster, or evo-cam.

Inactive

Thanks Guys

The only equation missing from yours for me DOn is the mac.

Also DOn I like the quicktime Broadcasting software I wish I could use it on a PC the expense of a mac seems high for me right now. I understand that it can handle H.264

Thanks for the input goldenoak.

Pinnacle has such a device Im goin to see if this works.

What software are you using to keep the 320×240 stream. The sony fx1 has no control on the video size,unless Im missing it.

keep you guys updated

Kemper

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap