Wireless Broadcasting to internet

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Anyone using some gear for sony fx1 or other camcorder to shoot directly to internet via wireless connections.

I think I have seen some gear by panasonic cant remember if it was comaptible with any camcoder

Please let me know any experince.

Thanks

Participant

your question is a little vague….

but here’s an attempt:

I broadcast events on occasion with my macbook and quicktime broadcaster.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/

Inactive

Thank you for your reply.

here is what I would like to be able to do. Shoot direct through wireless connections to a web page on my site. So what I need are which componets to hook up to this. Starting from my Sony would I connect using s-video out to laptop that links with wireless network out to the internet?

Any help would be great. It just seems that someone would have created a wiless device that attaches to the camcoder and transmitts wireless to the internet.

Kemper

Participant

Basically what I do is connect my camera with RCA chords to a capture device that has a USB connector to a laptopthat has a wireless connection. You can pick these up atany PC store for around$50.You want to make sure that your upload speed is adequate enough to handle your video. Also keep in mind the resolution of the video.I generally do a 320×240 at282K.I make sure my upload speedis over 400K.It provides a decent enough video that the end user can easily view without distortion or having to wait on the buffer.

Hope this helps.

Participant

sony camcorder-firewire cable-mac.

quicktime broadcaster, or evo-cam.

Inactive

Thanks Guys

The only equation missing from yours for me DOn is the mac.

Also DOn I like the quicktime Broadcasting software I wish I could use it on a PC the expense of a mac seems high for me right now. I understand that it can handle H.264

Thanks for the input goldenoak.

Pinnacle has such a device Im goin to see if this works.

What software are you using to keep the 320×240 stream. The sony fx1 has no control on the video size,unless Im missing it.

keep you guys updated

Kemper

• Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
    homicide-bootstrap