Windows XP

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

ok so I have windows xp anda while ago my computer crashed. my frienduses linux and he fixes computers. he fixed my computer by putting linux on it and after linux was on he found a free version of Windows XP online that has a bunch of advertisement junk. A while ago another friend of mine.. big computer geek downloaded a copy of xp onto a disc (where he works he has access to windows xp) so now i have a copy of windows xp and a computer with linux and a junky version of xp. I want to take everything off my computer and put on windows xp (the good version). unfortunately I have no clue about computers and have no idea how to do this. i know if i put the disc in i can do it that way but i don’t know if that will get rid of the crappy version of xp and linux. any help pwould be greatly appreciated.

Inactive

First of all, make sure there is nothing on your computer that you need. Next, you need to boot your computer from the Windows XP CD. One of the options on the menu that follows will be to do a clean reinstall of Windows XP. This will erase everything on your hard drive, and then reinstall Windows XP. Be aware, however, that after this process is complete (it takes aproximately 1 hour) there will be nothing on your computer except the operating system – no douments, videos, or programs. You will then have to download the latest drivers and updates for you graphics card, sound card, etc. Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Inactive

where can you get the latest drivers (idk wat that is) and updates for your graphcis cars, sound card?

Inactive

You have to go the website for the manufacturer of the cards. For video cards it would probably be either PNY Technologies (for GeForce cards), Diamond Multimedia (for some Radeon Cards). You can try to do a google search on the name of your card. You should be able to find the website that way. Same thing for sound cards, although really important; making sure you have the latest drivers for your video card is the most crucial. This can quite often fix many computer problems.

Jeremy

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap