Will this system cut it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Considering a new system, but I’m not too sure of what to get. I have an old Matrox 2000/Premiere system – which is struggling – and need to get more current. I’ve looked at the latest Matrox/Premiere and was curious if anyone had any thoughts or input (relating to stability, up-time, general oomph, etc) as to the system below. I have no experience with any other manufacturers but I’d be happy to hear of your impressions.

Software Bundle includes:
      Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, Audition and Encore software

Computer:
      Intel Pentium 4 3.06 GHz Processor

1GB DDR RAM,

80GB system drive

Two 200GB ATA EIDE Drive Array (about 30 hours of video storage)
      Dual Format DVD+/-RW

Full Tower Case with extra cooling fans

Windows XP Professional
      Matrox RTX 100

Inactive

That looks good. I just bought the Matrox RT.X 100 with software and it’s insanly fast. I have a P4 2.8 Ghz with 512mb RAM and Premiere Pro 1.5 runs great. Just make sure the Matrox card will work with your motherboard’s chipset (it doesn’t work with all chipsets). Matrox’s website has a list of which ones work.

Participant

Rocktooloud – upgrade to 1GB of RAM. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did. With the extra RAM your system will be even more responsive and it’ll be able to handle longer projects effortlessly. 512 is the bare minimum for runniong P Pro.

yourhuck- Your system looks good. What motherboard are you using? Before you install the RTX100 card, follow the WinXP tweaks on our website http://www.videoguys.com/WinXP.html

BTW, we’ve got a $50 instant rebate promo going on RTX100:
      RTX100 $50 INSTANT Rebate!
      Just use coupon code RTX50OFF and well take $50 off on the RTX100 XPNS or RTX100 XPNC bundles! Plus were still including FREE training! The Beginner’s Guide to DV Production – Featuring Adobe Premiere Pro not only teaches you how to edit your video with Premiere Pro, it includes over an hour of instruction on shooting better video. Sorry, RTX50OFF $50 INSTANT rebate is not available for upgrade or trade-ups.
      http://www.videoguys.com/rtx100.html

Gary
      Videoguys.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap