Will this Macbook Pro work well with These Video Editing Programs?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Will this Macbook Pro work well with These Video Editing Programs?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello all!

I am broadcast trained and have done a few short documentaries, 1 short narrative, a lot of newspieces, and some cheeky cheesy stuff. I however, am a novice when it comes to equipment. All this time, I’ve been spoilt by being provided top of the line studio equipment -Mac Pro that runs both Final Cut Suite and Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection. Rad stuff.

Lately however, I’ve been been shopping around for something to do editing on my own. Being on a budget, it will most likely be used. While a suitably configured Mac Pro is perhaps most ideal in terms of power and expandability, I could be relocating or doing some travelling soon on the other side of the globe. Portability might be desired.

So that said, I just found this macbook Pro locally:

15″ Macbook Pro Unibody
      2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo
      8 GB DDR3 RAM
      750 GB Hard Drive
      Running Mac OSX 10.7.2 (Lion)
      NVIDIA GeForce 9400M? 256MB? PCI
      NVIDIA GeForce 9600M? PCIe

Late 2008 Model

Notable Programs included:
      -Final Cut Pro X
      -Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3
      MS OFFICE ’11
      ADOBE CS5 MASTER COLLECTION

I asked the seller whether he has had problems editing HD video on the thing, and he says his video experience isn’t extensive. Mostly, he just used it for Photoshop and other photo related stuff. He’s played with the Final Cut Pro X and it seems to work ok.

The Question then is this:

Will this thing run extensive, effects heavy, HD video projects through Premiere and After Effects fine? Perhaps AVCHD and maybe even MP4. Will it be able to compress not so edit friendly formats without setting fire to itself? πŸ™‚ (Master collection has what is equal to compressor in media encoder, right?)

Anyway, that is all for now. I thank you all for your time

Randy

Inactive

I may have answered my own question by stumbling upon this:

http://www.eoshd.com/content/5106/which-macbook-pro-for-premiere-pro-or-a-pc

As I said, I’m really a novice when it comes to equipment. A user more than a smart shopper.

Participant

The short answer is no and it will also take forever to render. Sorry to burst your bubble but it would be a lie if I said you would love it.

Inactive

Thanks Charles! Good thing something came up the night I was to check the thing out – kept me from making impulse buys.

What about the article then? Anyone agree/refute the claims on the one I linked above?

Click here instead of having to scroll up.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio editing software for video editors β€” 2021

Let's look at the best audio editing software currently on the market, then go over the most important features to consider as you shop.
homicide-bootstrap