Will Premiere do this?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      NewBirthProductions
      Participant

I want to attach a camera directly to a Imac, then record directly to premiere. at the same time while recording i want to add another image using chromokey to the background and output both the background and the talent to a monitor so that the talent can see and interact with the back ground.

Is this possible with Premiere and how would I do it?

Rob
      Participant

I think you need a capture card, like the AJA Kona 3, which is for Mac Pros. I dont think you can capture directly to an iMac. Maybe a Macbook Pro with the Matrox MXO2 and an express slot adapter.

NewBirthProductions
      Participant

My church has a MOTU V4HDhttp://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/V4HD/ since this project is for them i am planning on using it.

but with that, will it work? will premiere capture, and output 2 clips at the same time to a monitor with zero latency

chuckengels
      Participant

No, a Video Switcher can do this, but not Premiere.

Anonymous
      Inactive

wel there’s one way but you cant give a fullscreen out put. if you know how to edit multicam in premier you can do this. hmmm but its easy to use a swicher i guess…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN