Wide screen

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi everybody,
      can somebody explain to me how do I get wide screen video done? Is there a special lense or a function on a video camera, or is it done as I edit video with my editing system.
      Thanks for the answer, appreciate any help.

Inactive

There are a few ways to get widescreen video.
      The best way is with a widescreen camera: 16:9 chip/s.

Some cameras have 4:3 [square] chip/s but they can film in a type of widescreen by "reshaping" the imgage.

You can create widescreen in post with most middle to high end NLEs.

I’m guessing that you have a 4:3 camera if you are asking this question so the question is what camera are you using?
      It could very well have a "widescreen" option.

I have an old Sony Digital8 single chip 4:3 and it gives me a "widescreen" setting but you really have to watch how you shoot composition wise because you will be cutting off much of the top and bottom.

Check this out: http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/guide-to-widescreen-in-video/

Inactive

I bought sony pd170, and shold be delivered next week. Does pd170 have an option to shoot in wide screen mode?

Inactive

japaboston Wrote:

I bought sony pd170, and shold be delivered next week. Does pd170 have an option to shoot in wide screen mode?

Yep.

You’ll have a 16:9 widescreen option with that camera.

Very good camera BTW.

Inactive

Thanks , lokking forward to learn more about the pd170 and learn how to work with it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap