WHY NO LOW END MINI DV PLAYERS/REC ??????

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

}:-@ Hello all …. Does anyone in the field have any idea why there no manufacturers making a 200-300 MiniDV player/recorders? With all the dirt cheap consumer mini DV camcorders out there? Do they expect the home user to plop the camcorder on the floor in front of the TV to watch everything they have recorded? And of course for editing….. Anybody want to go in with me to rip apart camcorder bodies and mount the assemblies in chassis ? Can anyone shed light if there are products avail in Japan since they semm to be ahead of the game??? Thanks !

Inactive

Sony makes ‘video walkman’ products which are just decks, the GD-V1000 is for miniDV and the GV-D200 and -D800 are for Digital8, GV-HD700 is for HDV.

Participant

Yea, I know about those…. they cost 700-800 bucks new right ?

Participant

digidonny Wrote:

Do they expect the home user to plop the camcorder on the floor in front of the TV to watch everything they have recorded?

As far as I can tell that’s how most consumers watch all of their home movies, unless they use VHS-C cameras or ones which record to mini-DVDs. Some video cameras even come with a remote control so you can advance or rewind as needed without getting up from the couch, and that’s not a bad solution compared to buying a special deck.

Participant

Your right!!!
      I wish I had a low cost mini DV player. I have looked and can’t find a low cost one.

However, I tape it into my computers editing program and cut a DVD.
      Then I either reuse the tape or if it is very important I archive the tape.
      Michael

Participant

Why not just buy a cheap $75-$125 mini dv camcorder at a pawn shop and pretend that is a mini dv vcr? Just leave it hooked up permanently if you want. I just got one for $40 and it works like a charm….remote control too πŸ™‚

Best Regards

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year β€” 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap