Why is the alignment off when rendering to 4:3?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Why is the alignment off when rendering to 4:3?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am making instructional video with Sony Vegas Pro 9.0a. This particular video is supposed to be a book review of our intro study. I normally render using the Sony AVC codec (H.264) and the Internet Widescreen 16:9 30p preset, and then I upload to Vimeo and YouTube.  However, with this particular video I also need to upload it to Amazon.com in 4:3, 99MB or less, and specifically .flv. (as Amazon.com won’t take H.264 for a review). But before I can render it to FLV there is a rendering issue.

Because of the current Vegas 9.0a Media Generators bug, I am using Photoshop to make titles. I also made a translucent yellow box for a ‘highlighter’ of sorts, which I resize over the area of text that I need highlighted with Track Motion. Because each ‘highliter’ needs different placement, this ends up giving me a lot of separate tracks (36).

Everything came out nice (and properly aligned) with Sony AVC, 16:9 Widescreen HD 30p preset. However, when I rendered as Sony AVC, Internet SD 4:3 preset, the ‘hiliter’ and some of the secondary titling came out misaligned. This is most apparent starting at about 6:26 (6 minutes and 26 seconds).

<CENTER><EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/-hDZWqWyoKk&hl=en&fs=1 allowfullscreen=”true”></EMBED></CENTER>

But why would everything render just fine in 16:9 Widescreen, and then be misaligned in 4:3 SD?  I would think that if there was to be a shift in the Track Motion, that it would end up being applied uniformly.

Why did the alignment get thrown off?

Thanks.

Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8yyBPJAFMA

Here is that link again. The bad alignment starts at about 6:26.

I would also appreciate any general suggestions for improving the video.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap