Why is one of my buttons skipped?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi! I built a chapter menu in Encore CS5. It works great if you are clicking on a computer. On a DVD player, one of the buttons gets skipped every time. I have the buttons manually numbered 1 to 14. Number 4 gets skipped (3 skips to 5, but you can’t go back to 4). Nothing looks different for this one than all of the other buttons (that I can tell), but it skips it every time. Any idea why?Additionally, even though I have the buttons numbered sequentially, at the bottom of the list, 9 skips to 11, but you can go back up to 10. Also, if you are going up from the bottom, 13 skips to 11.

I’m a total noob and soooo confused. Can you help? Thanks!

Participant

Hi Mike,

The help screen you need to look up is all about ‘routing’

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS74BC1059-66C3-46c5-9FA6-78DF10B38353.html

In ENCORE, click the ‘Show Button Routing button at the bottom of the menu viewer. It’s tiny and looks like a square in a square with teeny tiny arrows pointing out in compass directions. Once you see the routing for each button you can click and drag on the routing info to connect buttons.

I couldn’t find a useful YouTube video that illustrates what I mean.

Participant

Thanks, Bruce! That really helped. Odd that something that can so dramatically impact your project seems so hidden.

Very frustrating. But thank you for your excellent advice. My DVD lives!!!

Participant

I agree, button routing does seem rather hidden for such an important aspect of a project. I ran into the same sort of problem you described a couple of years ago, in CS3, after duplicating buttons, renaming them etc. but not paying attention to the button number or the routing. Suddenly my project was a wreck! Glad pointer worked out for you  !

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap