Why is B&H increasing their prices?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m trying to save up for an HDR-FX1 that I will buy from B&H. I have been monitoring their price of this camcorder, and it has been constantly increasing.

One time not too long ago, I checked their price and it was like 2.8K, now it has increased to like 3.3K!!!!

Whats the deal here? Is there a specific time when camcorders drop in price?

Thanks

Inactive

Hank just about summed up the sad truth of it all. It seems that every sale starts three days after your new product gets home.

Market prices fluctuate, and depending on the supply and demand, a camera can go up and down in price. You might not notice this very much on websites that really pad their prices, but shops that sell cameras at rock bottom pricing, such as B&H, will have a lot more fluctuation, because they’re already selling for as low as they can go and still have it worth their while.

In other words, think about it like this. In January, camera company A sells their product to companies B and C for $2000. Company B advertises it at $2100, making a tidy $100 profit, while company C advertises at the "Street Price" of $3000, making $1000 profit.

In February, thanks to supply and demand, Camera company A raises the cost of their product to $2100. Now, Company B has to raise their price to make money, while company C can just eat the loss and keep selling the camera at the street price.

Really, it’s a good thing tha you see fluctuations like this at B&H. That means that they’re actually trying to keep their overhead as low as possible, so you’re still going to get a good deal no matter what. The fault of the increasing price is probably not B&H’s, but rather the fault of the manufacturer. I’m sure at the B&H management tables, the managers all groan just like we do when they hear their vendors upped their prices yet again.

Inactive

Hmm you guys are probably right, but because at one point this camera was selling for 2.8K, I will wait as long as necessary for the price to get somewhere close to that, at least something less than the 3K range. I’m probably guessing I would have to wait until Christmas time.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap