Why I will not be renewing

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Dear Videomaker,
      When I first recieved Videomaker I new very little about videomaking and your magazine was a great help to me, the reviews were excellent and I learned alot from your articles and columns. After I recieved 2 or 3 isues I realized a disturbing trend. I would open the new issue expecting great advice, but the articles and columns were simply ones that had been previously used but rewritten and with new pictures. I soon realized that Videomaker magazine had nothing new to teach me, but I hung on for a while longer on the strength of the reviews. But I can find reviews on the internet for free. When the notice to renew came I ignored it. I always liked Videomaker, but it did me little good after I gained experience. I wish that the content of the magazine would also cater to those with some experience as well as beginners.
      Media Boy

Thanks for your comments Media Boy. The editors meet yesterday to begin planning for our ’06 calendar and I brought your issue up to the group. We have many ideas to provide more advanced topics to our long time readers. I hope you check back in with us.

To the best of my knowledge, we have NEVER reprinted an article word for word in our regular 12 monthly issues. We have revisited much needed topics such as three-point lighting but we always try to approach repeated topics with new writers and new approaches.

Would love to have you stay with our community. Hope to see and/or hear from you in the future.

Happy Videomaking,
      Morgan Paar
      Technical Editor

And thank you compusolver for your thoughts and suggestions.

I agree with you that we should include more advanced articles and I agree they should be written by media professionals who know what they are talking about.

I will go back and read Joe’s article.

I try to read the forums once a week and I know Charlie Fulton does as well. Sometimes the hectic magazine schedule stops us from doing that but we are reading these regularly.

I have forwarded your post to the other three editors. Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Happy videomaking, Morgan

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap