Which unit from sony is better for what I do

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am a video shooter from along time ago I use to use the Big bulky cameras and now I ma looking to use the smaller cameras, I use to shoot Analog Hi8, and I am thinking of going to Digital Hi8 because I have all the tapes, Which of these cameras would be better for shooting my special events

DCR TRV 730 Digital 8
      DCR TRV 330 """""""""

Or should I got to the sony DCR VX 2100 and change formats’

Any and all help would be greatly helpful, and sugestions also
      thank you

Inactive

I can’t help you on which camera to move up to but I will say switch to MiniDV.
      I came from [and still have and use from time to time] a Digital 8 Sony but I use a FX1 for "big" projects.

As I understand it, Sony is no longer [or they will stop very shortly] making new Digital 8 cameras so it may be time to move to a new format for that reason alone.

MiniDV for standard and Hi Def should be around for a few [at least the next 5 years or more] but it will be replaced as HD becomes more "standard" and HDV [the MiniDV HD] is replaced by a better format.

I don’t know if that helps you but research it as this is just my two cents.

Participant

I bought a sony hi8 trv 65 and in the process shot a couple hundred tapes with it, when it was time to
      upgrade I bought a new Digital 8 330 the main reason was that the 330 would transfer
      my hi 8 tapes through a firewire to my computer so I could edit them, I don’t believe
      the new Digital 8 cameras will allow you to play your Hi8 tapes. I may be wrong but you can check on it.
      I recently bought a used 330 in a pawn shop as a backup for $100, they can be had on E-bay up to $300.
      3 years ago I went with the Canon Gl-2 and I kinda wish I would have bought a sony 2100.

If your idea is to upgrade go to a 3 chip camera you won’t regret it.

As a footnote I shoot a lot of video in Church and the resolution of my Hi 8 was always better than
      my Digital 8. The Digital 8 always look a little pixely for a lack of a better word. Outside the d8
      was great. But these two are nothing compared to my Gl2 no comparison.

Participant

Thanks,

I was really referring to my Sony Digital 8 pixilating, the Hi8 analog I have has always had a better picture indoors than the Digital 8, but that may just be mine.

I haven’t had that particular problem with my Gl2 a host of other junk but not that one.
      Yes I’ll probably go back to sony products when I upgrade again.

Inactive

vx2100 all day long. Outstanding picture quality. If you can swing the dollars, do it and don’t look back. The step up in image quality is huge.
      Regards,
      Crosdaddy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap