Which type of camera would be good for streaming Video?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Which type of camera would be good for streaming Video?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

I need to add a few 3 minute instructional video messages to my website. The company that maintains the site is going to compress the video for streaming and allow it to play over thewma player.

Whichtype of camera could accomplish this without spending a lot of money. Is there any benefit to a basic HD videocamera when you stream over the internet to a standard lcd computer monitor?

THanks!

Inactive

I would think, since it is going to be compressed, that you go with something simple. Take a look at the Cannon ZR series of cameras. The key is to be well lit, so you can get the best quality picture possible. Also I would suggest getting an external lavilier mic.

Participant

Would an HD camera make a difference to the final video quality once it is compressed?

Inactive

I would say yes. The higher the quality you go into it with, the better the final product.

Inactive

To create online video you don’t really need very high end cameras. Use a tripod and have good lighting. I currently use my digital camera which has very large capacity storage, 8Gb to take video for online work. A sample of this is listed on my website (Click the blue arrow to start it) at

http://www.virtualscribe.com/blackBoxChicago

All footage was taken with a digital camera in movie mode. Mine is a Sony f828, it was about $1200 when I purchased it, but you can probably get it for $400 today. I would say purchase high end HD systems if you are planning to archive or send to clients on Blu-Ray, HD/DVD or DVD media. Just for simple online video just capture to your digital camera with good lighting and a steady tripod.

Inactive

If your budget will allow you to get an HD camcorder, then it will help with the picture quality. If you shoot in HD, and even if your final “product” is in SD, it will look better than if you orginally shot it in SD.

If you just want to get a “basic” video up, then any standard SD camcorder will work just fine and get you started until you can move up to HD.

As mentioned above, what wil lalso make a big difference in the whole experience is lighting, sound, and a tripod.

Inactive

Aiptek HD video cameras. Look at their specifications. For higher end: Sanyo Xacti series or Canon Vixia series HD camcorders.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap