Which format to convert to while editing a project?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Which format to convert to while editing a project?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have various video files some are in .MOD and MP4 format which is not compatible with my video editor so i decided to convert to .avi but i am getting reduced quality. any help /suggestions on what format to convert to which will be compatible and will have quality preserved?

Thanks

Participant

Is your footage HD? Try converting to DVCPro HD

Participant

Depending on what converting program you have and what system you are editing on will make a difference. Since you can’t use MP4 I am guessing you are using a PC. If that is the case you could covert the files to an MPEG 2 file that is the same resolutions as your raw video files. If you are working on a Mac MOV file would work the best. See how that works.

Jim

Houston wedding videography

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Videomaker’s 2020 holiday gift guide

When it comes to holiday gifting for people who are deeply involved in a niche or hobby, it's challenging to decide which ideas are worthwhile. If the hobby has become an actual gig that they invest in, it can be daunting. This is true with videographers as much as anything, but we're here to help. You might want to find a gift that is exactly what they need to round out their gear, or something a little more fun. Either way, we've got you covered.
homicide-bootstrap