Which format to convert to while editing a project?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Which format to convert to while editing a project?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jachin
      Participant

I have various video files some are in .MOD and MP4 format which is not compatible with my video editor so i decided to convert to .avi but i am getting reduced quality. any help /suggestions on what format to convert to which will be compatible and will have quality preserved?

Thanks

Rob
      Participant

Is your footage HD? Try converting to DVCPro HD

monroevideo
      Participant

Depending on what converting program you have and what system you are editing on will make a difference. Since you can’t use MP4 I am guessing you are using a PC. If that is the case you could covert the files to an MPEG 2 file that is the same resolutions as your raw video files. If you are working on a Mac MOV file would work the best. See how that works.

Jim

Houston wedding videography

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs for video — 2021

These are the best mirrorless cameras and DSLRs on the market today, organized by use case. All are worthy of your hard-earned dollar.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.