Which File format for upload?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I have to submit a 60 sec video for a competition and my file choices are:

<font size=”2″ face=”Courier”>avi .dv .flv .m4v .mov .mpg .mpg2 .mpeg .mpeg2 .mpeg4 .mp4 .qt .wmv .asf .mp3 .wav .wma</font>

The file cannot exceed 50mb and once the file is recieved it will be posted on the inernet on their site.I prefer mpeg2 but, but can anyone else tell me what they would use for the best quality and tohelp insure once the file is posted theend the footage will still look good.

Thanks

<center>
      </center>

Participant

I would say mpeg4. I think a 1 minute DV video would be like 250MB so that wont work, mpeg 1 is ment for small videos and is out of date, a good SD DVD quality mpeg 2 video would be about 45 MB, so that might fit in. Using DIVX, XVID or some other generic mpeg4 you get a very good picture for around 10-15MB. Also depends on your output size. You doing SD or an HD movie?

I would find out what format and size the movie will be posted in on the website and maybe submit them in the same format so no conversion is needed. That will give the best quality to viewers.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap