Which Canon camcorders do you own?

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, which Canon camcorders are in your repertoire and how did you come to choose them?

Thanks, Pamela

Participant

I have a Canon HF11. I like the Canon HF11 because with a ratio of relative
      sensor area per pixel for video of (1/3.2in)^2/(2,070,000) it has better low
      light sensitivity than others in the Vixia series. Also it takes great HD video, has a HOT accessory shoe and it’s compact, about the size of a soda can.

Inactive

HF S10

Participant

I own three: FS200 (standard def), Vixia HF R10 (HD), and Vixia HF M30 (HD).

While I don’t regret it, I had no other choice than Canon. I shoot product videos and needed a mic jack. However, I didn’t want a high end commercial camera due to the environment my equipment resides in – in other words, I don’t want to feel like I’m losing a limb when I have to dispose of my camera due to baby powder like sand. Point being, Canon was the only one offering a mic jack at this expense level.

With all that said, I’m glad I ended up with Canon.

Moab Man

Inactive

A Vixia HF10 and a Vixia hf 200, and am quite happy with the video sharpness and quality these two cameras provide. I have shot product promos , did a multi cam shoot of a play, and done some videos for my church.

I am also considering adding a third camera, the new Canon HF G10 or the XA 10 hd pro camera, since they will all have the same family of firmware I wont have to worry about footage looking very different from camera to camera

Participant

My first Canon was a ZR930 partly because I could not afford more and partly because it allowed for an external mic. It was an excellent purchase, not that I really understood that at the time.

My next Canon was a HV40, which has been a workhorse for most of my projects. The quality being brilliant and ease of use just what I needed. I still use it on a daily basis.

I have since bought the Canon HF S21, partly because I am now a Canon fan, and partly because of the larger LED screen which is useful for me a my age. It has turned out to be a good purchase as well.

Heidi

Inactive

I own an XL1, XL2, and an XH-A1S. I run a small media production company specializing in legal videography. I just bought the A1s for my corporate work and as a back-up for the legal work. Overall I’m very happy with the Canon line of cameras, I just wish I could have afforded the jump up to the XL-H1 just for the output jacks.

Participant

I have a XH-A1 and HV20which I use to capture XH-A1 tapes. I also use the HV20 as a camera B.

Choosing the XH-A1 took me a while (3 years ago) agony actually! It’s been good though. Why Canon vs Sony or Panasonic (or anything else)though? That I couldn’t say. I like SONY, used to sell SONY 20 years ogo in my retail days, but I don’t default to buy their stuff (especially after the CD root-kit fiasco which illustrated to me they lost the integrity they once had). If I bought again, I’d certainly seriously consider the XF300 (though none of my filters would fit!)

Inactive

This is interesting – I have exactly the same set-up as BruceMol. I have and XH-A1 and use a HV-20 the upload the tapes and use as a B camera.

Current project: I capture Physics Labs using the two camera, build a DVD and give back to teacher(s) for their review.

Most of the time we use the cameras to capture the mechanisms of a Trebuchet. We use the frame-by-frame mode to analyse what happend and what we need to change to improve – and yes – we throw pumpkins.

http://WWW.supertrebs.com

Participant

I have 3 Canon camcorder like many of you here. I have the Canon XHA1s, the Canon HF-S20 and the Canon HV 30. In my opinion, these camcorders are phenominal. I tend to use the XHA1s more than the others for capturing my video. I use the Canon HV 30 for transferring the data to my macbook and well, honestly, I probably wasted my money on the Canon HF-S20 because it doesn’t get used much at all. I don’t have a studio or anything like that. I am just trying to learn something new and hopefully put these camcorders to work.

Inactive

I just picked up the Canon Vixia HF R100 and fora couple of reasons, 1 is the Mic Jack, 2 Headphone jack, and I really liked the videos I have seen on youtube of night scenese etc. The other reason is I have an Insignia 720p trigger pocket camcorder and figured if I want better quilty I need a better camera. Let alone I’m going to film a short film soon and figured this cam would do it I hope.

Just got the Canon XH-1As a couple weeks ago. I also have the Canon GL2. Both are really nice cameras but, boy is the XH-A1s a fantastic camera. It is hefty, but well built with a lot of flexibility in terms of options and capabilities. I am still working through the (M) manual mode with the iris and shutter speed – trying to learn the best settings for different conditions.

Inactive

I just got the HFS100. This is an extreme upgrade from my Sanyo Xacti GH1, which I thought was a wonderful little HD camcorder for under $200. BUT, the HFS100 is in another league altogether. I wanted manual contol for DOF and the ability to add lenses. This camera hits the mark at 8 out of 10 on both counts. The main reason for the purchase, though, was the external mic jack. (YAY!)

So far, this is the coolest thing I have ever owned.

Participant

I own a Canon HF-S20, its picture quality is great, and it has a aux in for external mics which is rare for a consumer camcorder to have.

Participant

Canon GL2
      Canon HF10
      Canon XH-G1
      Canon T3i (its a camera, but I mainly use it for vids)

Shoot a lot of music vids, commercials and indie projects for the web. I use all of them with a DOF adapter (with the exception of the T3i of course). Also own a DVX100. Selling the DVX and the GL2 to purchase a Canon 5D. And prayerfully ill have enough saved this time next year to purchase a RED.

Participant

I own the Sony HDR-HC3 camcorder….. love it, and came across it second hand!!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap