Which Camcorder for seminar settings

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

This is my first post, but I’ve been an active looker in this forum. I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I would like your opinions on which camcorder I should purchase.

I am going to be making training/informational vidoes in both a controlled, studio-type setting (with controlled lighting) and also in live seminar settings (florecent lights, typical hotel meeting room environment – non-controlled lighting).

I’ve been looking at the following cameras and wonder which ones I should consider in the above application…..JVC GY-DV5000U, JVC GY-DV300U and Canon XL2. If I pick the JVC GY-DV300U I would be able to purchase two of them. Otherwise, I can only afford one camera.

If you have any other camera suggestions, please let me know. I’m open to suggestions.

Thank you.

Participant

Thanks for your input on getting two cameras…I was thinking of that also.

Now…for the hard question…which camera should I choose for under $2500? I’m open to suggestions. I do like the GL-2 (I’ve used it in the past – great camera), but the
      JVC GY-DV300U has 700 lines of resolutions and the GL-2 has 540 lines. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses — 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap