Where to buy camcorders (specifically Panasonic AG-DVC30)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders Where to buy camcorders (specifically Panasonic AG-DVC30)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m looking into buying a Panasonic AG-DVC30, and I’ve found it on B&H and on eBay. eBay has it for around $1500 with some extras (hard carrying case and extra battery). B&H has two options:

1. the camera, a soft carrying case, and an extra battery
      or
      2. the camera and an XLR audio adapter addon

Both of those options are $1750 after rebate. Is it always better to buy from a company like B&H? What kind of warranties and stuff do they offer? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Participant

I have that camera and I love it. I have purchased from B&H (not the camera, but other parts) and had no problems with them. I have heard nothing but great things about purchasing from B&H, including returns.

I would stay away from eBay. I bid on a camera and even though I didn’t win the auction, I had numerous emails trying to scam me afterwards. It isn’t worth the hassle.

Good Luck!

Tim P.

Inactive

I would HIGHLY recommend going through a reputable dealer like B&H. You will be a happier person for it

John

Inactive

Using a reputable dealer is key, especially with “grey market” cameras floating around. B&H is a great bet, as is EVS (Express Video Supply) out of Southern California. They are very reputable, and deal with video exclusively. When I talked with them over the phone, it was easy to order because they know video. I bought my Panasonic DVX100A and Kata R-103 rucksack from them after hearing good things about their service.

-a

Inactive

Awesome, I really appreciate all the advice! Thanks for making my purchasing smoother!

Participant

ebay has become a haven for scammers and dishonest junk peddlers. And their so-called “buyer protection” is a joke. I’ve been taken several times and will never buy anything on ebay again.

On the other hand, I’ve been dealing with B&H for over ten years and can recommend them without hesitation.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera on a hand held stabilizer

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap