Where do I download editing software for free? (not trial)

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Where do I download editing software for free? (not trial)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hey everyone. Where do I find free video editing software for free? I don’t want trials. Btw, I’m new here πŸ™‚

Participant

ummmm…limewire? That’s illegal though.

Actually, there is a site somewhere that allows you to download a free version of Avid Express or something, but it doesn’t allow you to bring project files to other computers once you start a project on your computer. Avid is kinda hard to learn though…

Participant

I would suggest that your get the trials of several of the editing programs that has the features that you require.

Once you find one that works for you Buy it. I don’t know of any one that is free.

It would help if we knew what your raw footage is and what computer you have so we can make suggestions to you.

Participant
      Participant

I’ve used two free software, Windows Movie Maker and Avid FreeDV.

FreeDV was discontinued, but I found a copy on an obscure website with the help of someone in these forums. It works except you can’t play/scrub the timeline and see what you’ve done. That seems to me to be a major problem. I’m trying to fix it and I’ll let you know what happens.

Movie Maker is awesome except there’s only one audio track(two, if you count the audio that is in your video clips on the video track). Also, it sucks the quality out of your video. You put good video in and get bad video out.

BUT, if you know nothing, thenMovie Maker works great. I used version 1, which had no graphics track or even any way to maketitles/credits for my 2nd and3rd films. I hadto shoot pieces of paper with the credits written on and edit it into the movie like a videoclip, which is what it was. I’m amazed I even went through with it! LOL Fortunately, version 2 has a graphics track.

On the audio side though, there is Audacity which is awesome. I would say if you need to, edit all your audio tracks in Audacity, render them as one track and put it on the audio track in Movie Maker. Audacity is free (google it). Then there’s only the problem of bad video quality in Movie Maker.

Try out the other software on Aspyriders link and let me know what they’re like!

Inactive

Have you heard of Cinelerra? It’s free and open source, though it will only run on linux (which you can also download for free). I’ve played a little with it, and it is supposed to be pretty powerful.

Participant

jashaka

Participant

Yes. Jashaka seems to be an OK video editing freeware as D0n says. I’m gonna be checking it out here shortly.

Also, there’s free 3D animating software I found out about, see the post about Using Free stuff that I started. I think there’s even a freeware version of Maya.

Participant

blender

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap