When saving the movie it says an amount of mb but ends more

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing When saving the movie it says an amount of mb but ends more

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0. I have a problem. When I finished editing my movie I go on to the make movie and render settings. It says how much the size of MB the video will have, but when the movie is finished and all saved it ends up with a lot more!!! For example when on the render settings it says estimated size of 8.11 mb but when it ends you go to the video and it says like 100 mb!!! And this a big problem for me because I put my videos on youtube and there is a limit of only 100 mb. And all my videos of about 8 or 9 minutes end up with more then 100 mb and they are just videos I did with action figures. I did not have this issue until I started using the program with Vista. not sure to blame vista tough.

Any help will be very appreciated!!!

Participant

sonicphoto Wrote:

I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 7.0. I have a problem. When I finished editing my movie I go on to the make movie and render settings. It says how much the size of MB the video will have, but when the movie is finished and all saved it ends up with a lot more!!! For example when on the render settings it says estimated size of 8.11 mb but when it ends you go to the video and it says like 100 mb!!! And this a big problem for me because I put my videos on youtube and there is a limit of only 100 mb. And all my videos of about 8 or 9 minutes end up with more then 100 mb and they are just videos I did with action figures. I did not have this issue until I started using the program with Vista. not sure to blame vista tough.

Any help will be very appreciated!!!

Hello this is my first post here. I just wanted to say I am having the same problem (not using Vista). I find a way around this problem but I am not happy with the final quality. Maybe someone can give us a better solution.

In rendering under Custom consider lowering the Audio Attributes to 48 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo. In the Video settings I changed the Mode to CPR (Two Pass) instead of the Quality VBR. Made the image size 640X480 instead of the 720X480. If the file is still too large I change the bit rate (ISDN) to 425K.

I hope this helps but I would really like to know why the estimated file size is so much smaller than the finished product.

Kat

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Storage Buyer's Guide

The best digital storage for video editors — 2020

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
    homicide-bootstrap