When i plug a mic into my canon hg10, it just buzzes in playback

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Consumer Camcorders When i plug a mic into my canon hg10, it just buzzes in playback

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I reacently purchased the canon hg10

i am VERY happy with it.

But i came acrost a problem when tring to plug a cheap mic into the mic terminal.

i tried it again with anothor cheap mic and it was the same.

All it made when i played it back was a loud BUZZZZZ

i have a new shotgun mic coming in the mail and hope that will make a difference

if anyone with any experience with canon cameras has any idea on what i could try, that will be greatly appreciated

thank you

-Films inc Media

Participant

I haven’t done this yet, but I know there is a setting that you have to change so that the camera knows you’ve plugged in an external microphone. Also, check out this tutorial from Berkley University.

http://multimedia.journalism.berkeley.edu/tutorials/video/canon-vixa-hf-10/

Participant

I think i just figured out, for some reason the 2 mics i just tested didnt work with my camera. It works now

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap