What’s your opinion of Ulead’s Video Studio editor?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing What’s your opinion of Ulead’s Video Studio editor?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have read that Ulead’s Video Studio is a good alternative to Pinnacle’s unstable Studio 9. If you have used Video Studio, please comment on it. Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have Ulead Video Studio 8, and it works great. All of the videos that I have edited come out looking better than I expected. My only problem is that it takes a while to render. But other than that, I am very happy.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I tried Video Studio 6 or 7, and it was OK, but there were a lot of features missing. Then, I tried Pinnacle Studio 8. Worked better, but was loaded with bugs and was still limited. If I were you, I’d buy Adobe’s Premiere Elements ($100). You get 99 video tracks and 99 audio tracks, and if I had to guess I’d say that there are features like chroma and PIP.

Hope this helps

trailerdancer
      Participant

hello, I’ve never used anything but Ulead and have never had any problems with it. If you don’t want to do the very technical aspects of editing then this easy to use drag and drop system is the way to go. I’ve found the more you can do in the cameras the better when it comes to edit…

jensi
      Participant
      bobjr94
      Participant

This sat dead for 2 years then popped back up it looks like. I have been using media studio 8 for some time now. It is several years old, although I wont say its out of date. It has many built in customizable transitions that all work well, has all the standard video filters, its lacking some things on the audio side, I usually export the audio and use a audio editing program to fix it up, then bring it back in. I have had it crash but very rarely, and it autosaves your work every 10(or what ever you set it to) minutes. I like everything has turned out exactly how it has looked on the timeline. Everything stays in sync and renders correctly. It supports HD video content, though I have never tried it, my cameras are both SD. It hasnt been updated for about a year and a half now, so ulead may be out of the serious armature market. They came out with studio 10 and 11 since pro 8 came out. They are both very beginner programs though and have many bugs. Its like what would come with a 300$ video camera. I tried them too but never could get one to finish rendering a movie that had lots of transitions, titles, effects, etc, with out crashing or the sound way out of sync by the end of the movie. Pro 8 is totally a different program.

solitaire123

Freecell Solitaire is a full screen classic solitaire card game. This best games of solitaire game please click here to play full game

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

CANON EOS

REBEL T7i

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN