Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › What editing Software are news agencies using?
- December 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM #48099SeattleParticipant
What’s the most commonly used editing software in news studios for videographers these days?
Would learning from the “Final Cut Pro for News and Sports Quick-Reference guide be relevant today?
Do you have any book suggestions that might be useful to learn from for computer news editing?
- December 30, 2010 at 12:15 AM #197756RobParticipant
I would assume they are using Avid…Avid NewsCutter
- December 30, 2010 at 5:47 AM #197757PJParticipant
My friend has a brother who works for Fox television in Toledo, he uses Avid to edit their clips, though what puts it all together idk
- December 31, 2010 at 12:39 AM #197758XTR-91Participant
Most have a live editing bay they’ve built exclusively out of screens, monitors, and production boards.
- January 18, 2011 at 4:18 PM #197759designcbtsParticipant
In the Salt Lake City area, I’m also seeing NewTeks Speed Edit.
- January 20, 2011 at 10:04 PM #197760Grinner HesterParticipant
FCP and Avid news cutter. They simply have no need (or budget) for anything higher end.
- January 20, 2011 at 10:09 PM #197761
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.