What’s the biggest bang for my buck… ($600 =[)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Ok please no dirty jokes lol
      I want to know what would be the best value for $600
      I need a consumer camcorder (obviously lol) with a mic input and the best quality I can get! =] It’s going to be used for very fast action shots and pretty well lighted areas.
      I don’t know where to start looking for a camcorder – i only know how to use one and how to edit the video. So pleaseee if you know where I can at least start looking it would really help! You don’t have to find a specific model but that would help =] Otherwise just point me in the right direction.

Thank you very much!

Inactive

A couple years ago, it was easy to find consumer camcorders with mic inputs. Not so easy now.
      A good 1st step woud be to go to http://www.bhphotovideo.com and click on "video – consumer", then choose "camcorders". Checking the specs for the very low end, I see a couple Samsung camcorders with mic inputs. Well under $300. Looks like the next step up is all the way to the Panasonic AG-DVC7, which not only has a mic input, it allows manual setting of the mic volume (but that unit costs $999.95 … yikes! 😯 ).

Maybe you can find something in their "Used" department. The Canon "Elura" and "Optura" lines were very good, but check the specs to make sure there’s a mic input.

Good luck, 🙂
      Ken Hull

Inactive

Hmm, I came across this kit that comes with a Pan. PV GS300 which is a 3ccd 3.1 mp (still) with mic input, with a telephoto lens, a wide angle lens, filters, video light, MiniDV tapes, a 512 mb sd card and other little things for around $750at
      http://www.zoommania.com/pvgs300prokit.html
      brand new, MSRP $699 for just the Camcorder.
      It’s a yahoo store, seems safe, I’m checking the better business bureau sites for any scams.
      Anyone have any tips? or think this is a bad deal?

EDIT: Oh and a 4 year US warranty =]

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap