Whats the best HD Camera I can get for $10,000 ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Allright! So I know that Panasonic HVX200 is the real deal. I have used it in the past. Its fantastically great. But I am big on color. And I am not really sure if I like the color that HVX200 gave me. The camera was my friends. Now I am interested in buying my own. I want to spend about $9,000 to $12,000. I am a film student so I need something that can have various frame rates and all. WHATS THE BEST CAMERA IN THE MARKET FOR THAT AMOUNT AND WHY SHOUULD I GET IT?

Thanks!

If color is your main concern, I think the HVX200 is your best bet as it’s one of the only camcorders in that price range that has a 4:2:2 color space. Heck, you can even do uncompressed 4:4:4 I believe. I’d suggest, if you didn’t like the color from your first experience, that you find a community of HVX200 users who can help fine tune the color settings within the camcorder itself. Camera profiles are a hot topic among users, I bet you might be able to sweeten the look up a bit. Also, consider further enhancements in post.

Inactive

Thanks a lot! What do you think about the JVC GY-HD200U? Is that any good?

Also, whats the ‘color space’ and how does it work?

Here’s a good primer on color:

http://www.videomaker.com/article/12646/

The JVC GY-HD200 is also a great camcorder. It shoots in the HDV format which samples color at 4:2:0, which has even more color compression. But, overall, you still can get amazing images from this cam.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The Best Bags and Cases

The best camera bags and cases — 2020

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap