Whats the best HD Camera I can get for $10,000 ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Allright! So I know that Panasonic HVX200 is the real deal. I have used it in the past. Its fantastically great. But I am big on color. And I am not really sure if I like the color that HVX200 gave me. The camera was my friends. Now I am interested in buying my own. I want to spend about $9,000 to $12,000. I am a film student so I need something that can have various frame rates and all. WHATS THE BEST CAMERA IN THE MARKET FOR THAT AMOUNT AND WHY SHOUULD I GET IT?

Thanks!

If color is your main concern, I think the HVX200 is your best bet as it’s one of the only camcorders in that price range that has a 4:2:2 color space. Heck, you can even do uncompressed 4:4:4 I believe. I’d suggest, if you didn’t like the color from your first experience, that you find a community of HVX200 users who can help fine tune the color settings within the camcorder itself. Camera profiles are a hot topic among users, I bet you might be able to sweeten the look up a bit. Also, consider further enhancements in post.

Inactive

Thanks a lot! What do you think about the JVC GY-HD200U? Is that any good?

Also, whats the ‘color space’ and how does it work?

Here’s a good primer on color:

http://www.videomaker.com/article/12646/

The JVC GY-HD200 is also a great camcorder. It shoots in the HDV format which samples color at 4:2:0, which has even more color compression. But, overall, you still can get amazing images from this cam.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2020

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and...
homicide-bootstrap