Whats more important? New Editing Computer or New HDCamera?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Whats more important? New Editing Computer or New HDCamera?

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I am a college student who films mostly weddings and live local bands. I would in time like to switch from my VX2100 to a newer HD camera. Would it be better if i first bought a new editing computer, and then bought a HD camera?

Inactive

If you know youre moving to HD then I would get the computer first because editing in HD does require a strong/fast system unless you plan on keeping everything on tape until you get a computer that can handle HD.

Having said that, you do have the option to down convert or to shoot in SD with many HDV cameras which you can edit on a somewhat slower system.

One thing to keep in mind is that computers change much faster than cameras do.
      I shoot with an FX1 which I got in late 05 but Im on my 3rd computer now.

I had my camera first but I could not work with HD until my 3rd [fast and more memory] computer.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap