Whats more important? New Editing Computer or New HDCamera?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Whats more important? New Editing Computer or New HDCamera?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I am a college student who films mostly weddings and live local bands. I would in time like to switch from my VX2100 to a newer HD camera. Would it be better if i first bought a new editing computer, and then bought a HD camera?

Inactive

If you know youre moving to HD then I would get the computer first because editing in HD does require a strong/fast system unless you plan on keeping everything on tape until you get a computer that can handle HD.

Having said that, you do have the option to down convert or to shoot in SD with many HDV cameras which you can edit on a somewhat slower system.

One thing to keep in mind is that computers change much faster than cameras do.
      I shoot with an FX1 which I got in late 05 but Im on my 3rd computer now.

I had my camera first but I could not work with HD until my 3rd [fast and more memory] computer.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap