What would you buy with $200?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve got about $200 I want to spend on my computer. Just wondering what you would buy? I’ve got a Dell 8400 512 ram and a 2nd 120 gig internal hard drive, that’s about all I know off the top of my head.(Not at my computer right now).
      I was thinking about a sound card with interface. I usually don’t do any audio editing in my video editing, mostly memory tapes for mom or dad, but have been toying with Audacity and find it a little interesting. Also I have a piano that is midi capeable and could possibly create some background music. Then on the other hand there is the issue of only 512 ram. Of course there’s the 5.1 speakers and so on.
      I’ve just purchased Adobe PE 3.0 and love it.(Compared to Pinnacle Studio V 10.5). For narration I have a cheap Logitech mic and also have some quality Peavy and Surr mic’s from a band, but don’t like the idea of reducing XLR to 1/8. Take in to consideration all my rambling and ask yourself "What would I buy?" Thanks for your input.

Participant

More Ram

a subscription to videomaker πŸ˜‰

or more RAM

Participant

O.K that’s that. More Ram it is. New question. I’ve been looking at ram and there’s at lot of numbers and letters involved. SDDR, PC3300, and a lot more. Anyone care to explain this. I don’t really need a 2 page techinical explination, just a recommend a good one.
      Would anyone really buy a used 512 ram chip? How much would it be worth? I know. Just ebay it and hope for the best.
      Also, do you think it’s worth the money to purchase the XLR/Mini adapters with only the sound card that came with my computer, I guess that’s the motherboard?

I already have a subscription to Videomaker πŸ˜‰

Thank for your reply’s

Participant

Sorry, I didn’t click your link till after I made the post, but I’d still like to know a little about the numbers and letters.

Inactive

Big Screen Wrote:

O.K that’s that. More Ram it is. New question. I’ve been looking at ram and there’s at lot of numbers and letters involved. SDDR, PC3300, and a lot more. Anyone care to explain this. I don’t really need a 2 page techinical explination, just a recommend a good one.
      Would anyone really buy a used 512 ram chip? How much would it be worth? I know. Just ebay it and hope for the best.
      Also, do you think it’s worth the money to purchase the XLR/Mini adapters with only the sound card that came with my computer, I guess that’s the motherboard?

I already have a subscription to Videomaker πŸ˜‰

Thank for your reply’s

Hi Big Screen, if you surf into [url]www.crucial.com [/url] and follow the instructions the site will check you computer and tell you exactly what type of memory you require, how many slots you have and are available. You cant go far wrong here mate.

Regards
      Tim Sparling
      HULL – UK

Inactive

I would certainly buy more ram, because I love to edit and 1gb isn’t enough for me because I run Photoshop CS3 and Macromedia Flash and they eat it all up =[ it feels like there is something wrong with my computer…

Inactive

I think this should be bumped for this deal…
      Newegg has a deal,
      PNY 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit for $160

Then the…

$60 rebate

+ 5 dollars shipping

$105 =]

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors β€” 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap