What video format is best to work with in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing What video format is best to work with in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have some 720p videos I would like to edit in Premiere but they are in .mov and premiere does’t accept that format. What is the best format to convert them to and how/what site can I go to to convert them for free?

trainingvid
      Participant

I’ve had the best luck with converting to AVI. I use Nero to convert so I can’t direct you to free software. I know they are out there…

jerronsmith
      Participant

>>I have some 720p videos I would like to edit in Premiere but they are in .mov and premiere does’t accept that format.<<

Yes it does. The problem you have probably isn’t an issue with the file format but instead with the codec used to compress the footage.Premiere Pso has native support for a wide variety of different formats and codecs.

If you have Adobe Media Converter you can try to open your footage there and transcode it into a friendlier codec. Do you know what the codec on this footage is? Where did it come from?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best lights for video production — 2021

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN