What video format is best to work with in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing What video format is best to work with in Adobe Premiere Pro?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have some 720p videos I would like to edit in Premiere but they are in .mov and premiere does’t accept that format. What is the best format to convert them to and how/what site can I go to to convert them for free?

Participant

I’ve had the best luck with converting to AVI. I use Nero to convert so I can’t direct you to free software. I know they are out there…

Participant

>>I have some 720p videos I would like to edit in Premiere but they are in .mov and premiere does’t accept that format.<<

Yes it does. The problem you have probably isn’t an issue with the file format but instead with the codec used to compress the footage.Premiere Pso has native support for a wide variety of different formats and codecs.

If you have Adobe Media Converter you can try to open your footage there and transcode it into a friendlier codec. Do you know what the codec on this footage is? Where did it come from?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap