Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Other Camcorders › what used camera?
- This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years, 10 months ago by Anonymous.
- May 18, 2009 at 6:50 PM #43046AnonymousInactive
hey guys, i know ive asked already in my other forum, but i just wanted to see what the community in general has to say,
so, what used camera should i buy ?
- May 18, 2009 at 8:32 PM #180337RobParticipant
PD170. I love mine, and will never get rid of it – even if I get an HD camera. Shoots well in low light, shoots a damn good image in ideal conditions, XLR connections. Shotgun mount. No complaints here
- May 20, 2009 at 7:05 PM #180338AnonymousInactive
how bout a pd150? i know its older, but if i got one of them, it would leave me more money for accesories….
do you know of any major changes that the pd170 has in comparison to the pd150? besides it being newer?
- May 20, 2009 at 8:26 PM #180339
- May 23, 2009 at 11:11 AM #180340AnonymousInactive
not a big fan of ebay, sorry.
i only use it for price referances. in general, i prefer to meet face to face andcheck the camera out and stuff.
- May 26, 2009 at 7:53 AM #180341AnonymousInactive
out of those, a PD-170
however, I’d seriously consider a refurb Canon HV20 and shoot HDV with a great audio setup for U$420…no brainer
- May 26, 2009 at 5:02 PM #180342EarlCMember
Yeaowch! What’s with the hammering down on a refurbished Canon HV20? For a couple hundred dollars difference, or so, I’d at least go for the HV30 or HV40, if I want something that has a chance to outlast the availability of MiniDV tape stock.
- May 26, 2009 at 8:51 PM #180343AnonymousInactive
Yes…I guess I’ve gone overboard with the HV20 here…I usually recommend it when asked for a used cam…Why? Because its the best value for the buck…keyword: value…hands down…and merelyone of mypublic services
- May 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM #180344AnonymousInactive
yeah, i like the hv40, but its just not my style.
i prefer the feel of a nice chunky camera, its something phsycological but you feel better and in more control when you’ve a nice big camera in your hands. i dont know if i’m the only one who feels this way, im sure there are others. like i said, not my style. nut still a nice camera.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.