what used camera?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hey guys, i know ive asked already in my other forum, but i just wanted to see what the community in general has to say,

so, what used camera should i buy ?

Participant

PD170. I love mine, and will never get rid of it – even if I get an HD camera. Shoots well in low light, shoots a damn good image in ideal conditions, XLR connections. Shotgun mount. No complaints here

Inactive

how bout a pd150? i know its older, but if i got one of them, it would leave me more money for accesories….

do you know of any major changes that the pd170 has in comparison to the pd150? besides it being newer?

regards.

Participant

Check eBay for a good new or used Sony PD model, Cannon GL1, or Cannon GL2.

Inactive

not a big fan of ebay, sorry.

i only use it for price referances. in general, i prefer to meet face to face andcheck the camera out and stuff.

Inactive

out of those, a PD-170

however, I’d seriously consider a refurb Canon HV20 and shoot HDV with a great audio setup for U$420…no brainer

Yeaowch! What’s with the hammering down on a refurbished Canon HV20? For a couple hundred dollars difference, or so, I’d at least go for the HV30 or HV40, if I want something that has a chance to outlast the availability of MiniDV tape stock.

Inactive

Yes…I guess I’ve gone overboard with the HV20 here…I usually recommend it when asked for a used cam…Why? Because its the best value for the buck…keyword: value…hands down…and merelyone of mypublic services

Inactive

yeah, i like the hv40, but its just not my style.

i prefer the feel of a nice chunky camera, its something phsycological but you feel better and in more control when you’ve a nice big camera in your hands. i dont know if i’m the only one who feels this way, im sure there are others. like i said, not my style. nut still a nice camera.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap