What to do about low Optical Zoom

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I was looking at ‘mid-range’ camcorders – that CNET lists as home-movie maker ones – Panasonic GS 250 or Sony HC90. I really like the 30x feature that GS 35 has but read that it is a mediocre camcorder. Does the 700x digital zoom give similar effect? Is there any other solution for increasing the zoom.

Also any experiences with the store PriceRitePhoto.com? They had it listed the lowest – 659 when others were selling at 900!

Thanks!

Participant

stellar Wrote:

I was looking at ‘mid-range’ camcorders – that CNET lists as home-movie maker ones – Panasonic GS 250 or Sony HC90. I really like the 30x feature that GS 35 has but read that it is a mediocre camcorder. Does the 700x digital zoom give similar effect? Is there any other solution for increasing the zoom.

Also any experiences with the store PriceRitePhoto.com? They had it listed the lowest – 659 when others were selling at 900!

Thanks!

Digital Zooms pretty much suck. What happens is the digital zoom pull or zooms into the picture. (kens Burns effect)To it makes you think your zooming but it just make the picture blocky. Bottom line it all in the lens.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap