What software to make ‘pan’ with still images

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing What software to make ‘pan’ with still images

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

I was wondering what software the guys at : http://www.fastlanedaily.com use to edit their video blog.

I want to do something similar where there is a quite intensive use of still images. I’d like to automate the process as much as possible to be abel to edit the video very quickly considering it is a blog.

Thanks for you help πŸ˜‰
      Philippe
      http://www.topspeed.com

Participant

I started to use Bluff Titler after reading about here in forum. works well for $50 or so.

Marv

Participant

You can do the pan effect in pretty much any NLE.

Participant

That pan/zoom you speak of is called the "Ken Burns" effect (according to a reliable source, not created by Ken Burns but by his brother).

I have yet to see a true NLE that cannot do this. Just place the still on the timeline and set beginning and ending keyframes framing different parts of the photo and the NLE will do the rest.

Participant

I discovered VlogIT editing software. I like it because it make edting really fast and easy. With everything automated nice and quick but unfortunately it does not have this Ken Burns effect πŸ™

anyone got the Ken burns effect on anythng more automated than advanted editors. As doing it for each pics cna be really time consummign when you are talkign about a daily Video Blog.

Phil

Inactive
      Participant

There’s a site called animoto.com that will do it for you. You just plug in photos and some music and it does the rest.

Also, I hate to say it, but Pinnacle Studio 10.8 (newest patch) has a Smart Movie function that does this beautifully.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap