What people do with old Video editing software

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Open Forum What people do with old Video editing software

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

As a guy with some old video editing software I’m curious what others do with it? I ask this cause they can be recycled to other members looking for specific program. I myself am on the search for Vegas Pro but cant shell out much due to a small budget for film making. I’m sure there are more out there like me. I’d rather put the money into props etc but know they mean nothing without a decent program. So do you throw your old software out or do you recycle it to other people?

Participant

I utilize Avid’s upgrade plans when I have to.If memory serves, Avid gave me 10 grand for my old Symphony towards the purchase of it’s replacement.

Participant

I retire a system (computer and software) this way: install new drive and os. take old drive label and store… the kids get the computer and I got the means if needed to re-instal the old drive/os software…. that way if I ever need to open an old legacy file, I got the means….

Participant

I sell my older stuff I always keep the last version though until I see the new version has all the bugs worked out of it

Participant

oops sorry mine is Vegas pro I have 10 now but I am keeping my pro 9 for a while because its pretty solid. i do have I my old Pro 8 and even 7 for now all my other Vegas pros I sold already

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap