What mic to use?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey all. i’ve got a CAnon XL1S with the MA-200 audio attachment – allows XLR mics to be plugged in.

I’m not sure what type – or what is the best – microphone to get for a ‘press conference’ style situation. i.e i’m at the back of a room with camera on tripod, and want to have a mic up at the podium on a long XLR cable that plugs into the MA200.

i’m not an expert when it comes to different types of microphone! thx in advance…

Participant

I suggest an Audio-Technica AE5100

http://www.directproaudio.com/product.cfm?directid=53348

This would work great for your application. It’s also very rugged and reliable, they go out in our rentals every week, and I’m sure you can imagine how much they’re put through the paces.

Participant

Electrovoice EV635 is industry standard. You can use it as a hammer as well.

Participant

cool.. thx people! appreciated… ive got some DIY to do at home so i’ll probably go for the Electrovoice

Participant

Cool. But just encase you end up going with the AE5100, keep in mind it’s a condenser mic and requires phantom power. I’m assuming your camera has a phantom power source.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap