WHAT IS THIS SONG?!?!?!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been searching everywhere, and I cannot find the name of this song!!!

I really want to use it for a school project.

I appears in the middle of this remix.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/cf4caf60-1059-4a75-aaa2-d51b2f5c8421/LOTR-vs-Star-Wars-%5BMix-by-__Slash__%5D

If anyone can help, I will be so grateful!

thanks in advance

Participant

Hi,
      My SWAG (scientific wild axed guess) is November Rain, but it could be another track from Guns N Roses bloated orchestration period. A clue is that Slash mixed it, AKA Saul Hudson. He co-wrote, so would probably have access to the track for mixing.
      Get carried away with your musical obsessions, why doncha!
      (You gonna get permission }:-) }:-) }:-))
      REGARDS … TOM 8)

Inactive

Nah…it’s not november rain…I don’t think it’s a guns’n’roses song at all. To me it sounds like one of the "coldplay" style bands. If I had to take a chance I would guess it was coldplay…but I’m not into that music. One thing I can tell you…it’s not november rain. I’m sure of it!

Participant

We are talking about that 10 second anthemic apocalyptic clip in the middle, right. I just relistened to several Guns n Roses songs and it brought back that the last 2 minutes of November Rain still knocks me out; would be perfect as a major theme in another re-do of the S.T. of the original Metropolis ("silent" German film); Donna Summer’s producer (Moroder) had his way in the last go-round with semi-success.
      I agree that the clip is not from November Rain, at least in its released mix on the greatest hits collection, which I think is the original or close to it. However, there is a passage or two (not the ending) where if you stripped Slash’s guitar track off, it’s getting darn close. And if you are Slash and you have access to the individual tracks that went into the November Rain mix and you are the mixmaster for the mystery mix, just maybe …
      Best Regards … Tom 8)

Inactive

Yeah, it sure is a great song! I was trying to look around last night, because I noticed he also had posted a LoTR remix, where he mentions that all the songs off of the remix are from LoTR so I listened through samples of all the LoTR soundtracks, but no luck πŸ˜•
      Maybe it’s from Star Wars???

Participant

I have posted on other forums, and a member was able to find the song.

It is "Incomplete" by the Backstreet Boys.
      Wonder what it’s doing on a LOTR/Star Wars remix…

Participant

Hi,

Glad that’s settled.

So we are absolutely sure that they did not sample from November Rain. Have you looked at the Backstreet Boys liner notes on this point. And if they do not credit November Rain in the liner notes, is it possible that they "borrowed" the sample without credit??? In the blues field BB King and many others have said something along the lines of: no one steals; we all borrow — suggesting it’s O.K. Some original composers in the blues field (e.g., Willie (Backdoor Man) Dixon), although predominantly this is an issue with composers outside of the blues field by a factor of a kazillion, have taken mighty exception to uncredited sampling.

The idea of Slash (mixmaster of song track in question) sampling from the Backstreet Boys seems far fetched, but who knows!

Probably no one thought to send Slash an email and ask him. Worst that could happen is to be ignored. Unless the Backstreet Boys thing was "news" to him!!!

Hey Ryan, you have a great logo. You might want to trademark it cuz someone else may want to "borrow" it.

Stay Cool!

REGARDS … TOM 8)

Participant

Hey Ryan, you have a great logo. You might want to trademark it cuz someone else may want to "borrow" it.

What do you mean? How do I go about doing this?
      Thanks

Participant

Hi,

I’m in a rush, getting ready to catch a flight back to the Right Coast at 530 am. So shortchanging on research this time around.

I haven’t reverified the following; you should do your own research on this. Your browser will inundate you with relevant info.

My non official version is that you can copyright/trademark your logo just by doing a c in a circle plus year plus your name next to your logo. However, in the event someone else uses your logo, you are not entitled to damages, through the process of litigation, unless you register your logo with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

I believe their website is http://www.uspto.gov. If that isn’t right, you can find it via http://www.firstgov.gov.

There are many good reasons for registering. Read them over and decide if it’s for you.

REGARDS … TOM 8)

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap