What is the best monitor to use for filming live events?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear What is the best monitor to use for filming live events?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

We just started live streaming at my church, right now it’s a simple operation of one camera and a mac, the problem is that I need to be able to view what my camera person is shooting so I can adjust shots as needed without having to rely on the live stream preview which has a 2-3 sec delay on it. I’m using a Sony Hvr-A1u camera which we tried hooking up to a inexpensive 15″ flat screen, the monitor was interfering with my audio feed so I took it back. So my question is what monitor can I use that won’t interfere with my audio feed and is fairly inexpensive?

Participant

Check out B&H “field monitors.” Marshall electronics has some very good, relatively inexpensive monitors — we use them and they provide an excellent picture — and the Ikan line is pretty good as well.

Jack

Participant

Thank you, i will definitely check them out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to choose the right computer for video editing: 4 key specs to check

Buying the best workstation for your needs means understanding how the CPU, GPU, RAM and storage options work together to enhance overall performance.
homicide-bootstrap