What is the best monitor to use for filming live events?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Production Gear What is the best monitor to use for filming live events?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      sarahguajardo
      Participant

We just started live streaming at my church, right now it’s a simple operation of one camera and a mac, the problem is that I need to be able to view what my camera person is shooting so I can adjust shots as needed without having to rely on the live stream preview which has a 2-3 sec delay on it. I’m using a Sony Hvr-A1u camera which we tried hooking up to a inexpensive 15″ flat screen, the monitor was interfering with my audio feed so I took it back. So my question is what monitor can I use that won’t interfere with my audio feed and is fairly inexpensive?

JackWolcott
      Participant

Check out B&H “field monitors.” Marshall electronics has some very good, relatively inexpensive monitors — we use them and they provide an excellent picture — and the Ikan line is pretty good as well.

Jack

sarahguajardo
      Participant

Thank you, i will definitely check them out.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Production Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN