what is the best freeware dvd authoring/burning program that burns subititles?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing what is the best freeware dvd authoring/burning program that burns subititles?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

i usually use dvdflick to author/convert movies then nero express to burn dvd’s. i tried authoring a movie with subtitles and i added them just like the guide said, but when i watched the converted files, there were no subtitles. i tried burning them anyway, still no subtitles. tried it again with a different movie, still no subtitles. i’m guessing dvdflick doesn’t work well in this department, can someone suggest a different program that burns subtitles well? the subs are .srt files by the way. and they work fine when i watch the movies.

Participant

Why can’t you just add subtitles with the editing software and then burn using dvdflick or DVDStyler?

Participant

no, the movie already has subtitles. But it’s not hardcoded onto the file, it’s a separate .srt file. i’m looking for a freeware program that burns ,srt files effectively

Inactive

Have you already tried this one, I mean is there really a DVD burning software that can do this? In able to do this, you need to reverse engineer the movie and embed the subtitle to the movie itself.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap