What is the best DVD software for burning large compilations?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing What is the best DVD software for burning large compilations?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Basically I have downloaded all the episodes of Terminator:Sarah Connor Chronicles from Amazon, which would be too large to fit onto a normal DVD. So I’m looking for software which will be able to compress the files to fit on 1 DVD for viewing on my DVD player.

If it were me, and I didn’t have Final Cut Pro, iMovie, and related Mac centric stuff, working from a Mac (I’m not familiar at all with PC), but I had a way of playing via firewire or standard analog RCA AV cables, I’d go purchase a cheap (under $100 at WalMart, Target, Best Buy, Fry’s Electronics, etc.) dedicated VHS to DVD player/recorder and set the DVD to burn several hours (though the longer hours do serious degenerate the image) and go that route.

Not knowing your current platform, OS or software status, or what it will do, I cannot be better help. If you are a PC user (and there’s certainly nothing wrong with being one – I’m just a Mac dummy from the original 512k box) I won’t even pretend to be able to help you more.

Sometimes these Magnavox, GE, RCA, Sylvania and other store brands (Sears has them also) dedicated recorders/converters are the cheapest, quickest and easiest solution.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap