what is a good tripod to get for gl2?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I would like something with a fluid head and keep the cost under $200. There are a couple of nice options on B & H. Any suggestions would be nice.

Participant

All my experience with fluid heads is Manfrotto, so I’d say go with that if you can.

Participant

I have to agree with Ryan

all my experiences have been with the MX2000 $30 tripod from walmart
      and manfrotto tripods. Those are really nice, well built, super smooth with great drag and a very study design.

Participant

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure you can’t get a true fluid head tripod for that price (many heads that say fluid are not really).

Participant

The Bogen/Manfrotto 501HDV would be Ok.

Available from, B&H for under $175:
      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/481667-REG/Bogen_Manfrotto_501HDV_501HDV_Fluid_Video_Head.html

Note that this is not the 501 which has reviewed much better, but it’s replacement (501 is no longer made).

I just picked up a Bogen 3021 professional tripod with a Bogen 3063 fluid head and matching carrying bag on eBay for $166 including shipping. This thing would hold anything as far as I’m concerned.

Just look around (eBay is a great source but B&H is the place to go for new stuff).

Participant

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure you can’t get a true fluid head tripod for that price (many heads that say fluid are not really).

Yep, that’s true. It’s a fluid-like head, which tends to jerk up on you after a while…after using the school’s Manfrotto, I couldn’t go back to fluid-like (I’ve got the same one from Wal-Mart, and it doesn’t even come close to comparing with a fluid tripod.

Participant
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap