What “How-To” book could you not do without?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Open Forum What “How-To” book could you not do without?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Looking back at the topics here trough the past year I haven’t seen a topic like this…

Currently my Video Subject Bookcase only contains periodicals and software/equipment user manuals. For those of us beginning to get into this area, be it hobby or profession, a question…

After all that you know/learned, to date, what one book on this subject would you make sure you took with you if you had to evacuate your residence for a indefinite period of time?

Participant

I never really used any books but I do have one from 2001 called “Video Basics 3″by good old HerbyZettl.

It’s basically 414 pages of ALL the basics. Even Basics of old school analogvideo/audio editing sowe can act likewe havea brain during an interview for a job.

It came with a class when I was studying Broadcast, but it’s available online.

There is a new version called “Video Basics 5” that comes with a DVD….very cool.

Here is a link to a synopsis on the book and lists each chapter:

http://www.videouniversity.com/vbasics.shtml

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap