What has happened to cameras with video INPUT?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Once upon a time, almost every video camera (of any format) included an audio/video INPUT for recording from external sources. This feature seems all but lost on camcorders today!

I’m looking for a moderately-priced consumer camcorder to record video from an external bullet cam. After browsing Best Buy’s selection (as a typical consumer camcorder selection these days) I couldn’t find a single camera that appeared to offer line input recording.

Does anyone here know of (or have) a currently-sold, still-manufactured, still-supported camcorder with an external video input? I’d appreciate finding out!

Thanks,
      Scott

Participant

There is a wide variety of camcordersaround todaywith A/V (Analog) input.It seems that the A/V input feature has been replaced with having DV (Firewire) input capabilityon most DV tapecamcorders.

Try browsing through theJVCEverio Hard DiskCamcorders.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap