What has happened to cameras with video INPUT?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      SWriverstone
      Participant

Once upon a time, almost every video camera (of any format) included an audio/video INPUT for recording from external sources. This feature seems all but lost on camcorders today!

I’m looking for a moderately-priced consumer camcorder to record video from an external bullet cam. After browsing Best Buy’s selection (as a typical consumer camcorder selection these days) I couldn’t find a single camera that appeared to offer line input recording.

Does anyone here know of (or have) a currently-sold, still-manufactured, still-supported camcorder with an external video input? I’d appreciate finding out!

Thanks,
      Scott

XTR-91
      Participant

There is a wide variety of camcordersaround todaywith A/V (Analog) input.It seems that the A/V input feature has been replaced with having DV (Firewire) input capabilityon most DV tapecamcorders.

Try browsing through theJVCEverio Hard DiskCamcorders.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Other Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN