What files can I work on in Adobre Premiere Pro?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing What files can I work on in Adobre Premiere Pro?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have APP and I’d like to know what files I can put into it. I’m totally new at video editing and I have some AVI files to edit as well. I tried, but it doesn’t work in APP (no preview). Do I need to get some video converter, say AVI-MPEG?. Does Premiere Pro support only mpegs?
      Thanks

Participant

Hi Best, Bring up Adobe help window and look for file types for importing. Also note if it says for import only or for export only. But AVI works for sure and Wav for audio too.

Participant

The complete list of supported file formats is here: http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/3.0/WS01FCC81E-8CF6-437a-AAD7-A2D8F9175BF0.html

Participant

Convert any files to DV-AVI and you will have no problems. You can convert with Windows Movie Maker (for WMV, AVI and some MPEG), Virtualdub (for AVI), Virtualdubmod (for mpeg), mpegStreamclip, Quicktime Pro (for MOV). Premiere Elements and Pro are designed to work best with DV-AVI files. If you covert other formats first it will save you many headaches later.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap