Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › what do you use to capture audio???
- January 27, 2006 at 6:54 AM #39062bhoParticipant
normally i use a mini disc but i wanted to know what you all use
- January 27, 2006 at 7:12 AM #169431AnonymousInactive
Usually the on-camera mic. For serious gigs such as interviews, uni-directional radio mic to a tape recorder. And just for backup :), I use my cellphone (which has excellent voice recording capabilities).
- January 27, 2006 at 10:32 AM #169432AnonymousInactive
If you want advice related to recording audio in wedding videography as I’ve understood from your duplicate post here http://www.videomaker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2015 then maybe Hank can help better.
- April 8, 2006 at 5:43 PM #169433loondiverParticipant
To record clean audio on my laptop computer, I picked up an analog-to-digital interface box. It allows me to use a good quality condensor mic, connects to the computer via a USB port, and gives me recordings free of the electronic noise that I pick up when jacking directly into the computer’s sound card.
The unit is a Tascam US-122. I bought mine used on e-Bay for around $80.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.