Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Professional Camcorders › What do you think of my lense choices
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
April 17, 2012 at 7:34 PM #49617AnonymousInactive
<p class=”first”>Hey all, I was just wanting to get some
feedback from people about my options for choice of lenses on my FS100.
Basically I have been using it with the kit zoom lense since purchase,
but I just feel like it is not making the camera “sing” like I want it
to. I do corporate shoots / promos / and small TVC’s. I am really after
some lenses that will help me take advantage of the 35mm sensor,
increase that shallow DOF look, and be reasonable quality at the same
time. Budget is a little limited, so the below lenses are all pretty
inexspensive with the exception of a few standouts which (if I am
convinced they will really look great), I am happy to spend a little
more more on…
Here’s my list (in no particular order – just the oder of my B&H
wishlist) – I’d love some feedback from people that know their stuff.
– Sony – SAL-50F14 Normal 50mm f/1.4 Autofocus Lens
– Sony – SAL-135F28 135mm f/2.8 [T 4.5] Manual Focus
– Sony – DT 35mm f/1.8 SAM Lens
– Sony – SAL-50F18 50mm f/1.8 DT AF Lens
– Sony – SEL24F18Z 24mm f/1.8 E-Mount Carl Zeiss Sonnar Lens
– Sony – E-Mount SEL16F28 16mm f/2.8 Wide-Angle Alpha E-Mount Lens
– Sony – VCL-ECF1 E-Mount Fisheye Conversion Lens
– Sony – SAL-1635Z 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* AF SLR Lens
And just for fun: Lensbaby – Composer W/Tilt Transformer
I’d love to hear thoughts on these options, which are a waste of my
time / money, and which will become invaluable to me in your opinion.
April 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM #203013JackWolcottParticipant
If you haven’t already, you might take a look at Shawn Lam’s excellent reviews – http://www.shawnlam.ca/2011/sony-fs100-prime-lens-vs-zoom-lens/ – of various lenses for your camera. You may find it helpful in your decision-making.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.