What Do I Need to Set Up a Video Studio

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi there! My company is looking to set up a video studio. Nothing crazy but to use a storage room to film incoming executives for training videos-talking heads mainly. What type of equipment would we need? Around how much would it cost? And does anyone have recommendations for products? I loved to know EVERYTHING we might need–from makeup brushes to lighting. Also, we would like it if we could take the camera and lighting out to conventions.

We would send staff to learn to film and one of our staff members already edits video on her mac laptop using Final Cut or imovie for simple edits.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

Participant

If shooting film, you’ll ned to iron out telecine costs before taking another step. Sounds like shooting video would be just fine in your case. Your gear requirements revolve around your needs. SD? HD? Do you really need make up artists? Can a simple 3 point light kit not do?
      My thought is you are not quite ready for the overhead/risk. Staffing for some years to gain experience and contacts, the freelancing to home business skills would help wonders and limit much risk and frustration.
      That said, if it helps, I shoot mainly with a Sony FX-1 with Cartoni support, Lowel lighting and just a few required mics and I post in an Avid Adrenaline suite with BCC AVX, Genarts Sapphire effects, After Effects and Photoshop, authoring with Avid DVDit when needed. I master mainly to Beta SP.

Inactive

short and sweet:
      1. A good camera for the format you are delivering in (standard or high def)
      2. A good fluid head on top of a good set of tripod legs.
      3. Background drop material unless you want to look at the walls
      4. 1 good light source
      5. wireless mic or a shotgun mic on a stand
      6. if you are going to edit these, you need to decide on platform before you make your choice on software. Mac > Final Cut PC > Adobe, Sony Vegas……. this list goes on.
      7. time and patience.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2021

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap