What Do I Need To Buy To View HD Video Smoothly????

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion What Do I Need To Buy To View HD Video Smoothly????

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Im able to view HD video on my computer in quicktime but it wont play it smoothly,and alsonot able to edit 720p footage in vegas smoothly…..What do i need to buy in order to play HD smoothly?…please help…

Participant

A very fast computer (Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Extreme) with lots of RAM.

Seriously, I edit MTS files (1080i) in Vegas 8 Pro on a Core 2 Duo laptop with 2GB RAM and it stutters some.

If money were no object, I’d get the biggest, fastest gaming machine around, load it up with lots of RAID5 or RAID6 disk space (5TB or more), the most RAM that will fit, latest version of 64 bit OS and see how that works!

Try aDuel 3.2 Ghz quad core Mac pro with32 gigs of ram and a Nvidia Quadro FX 5600 with 1.5 GB of video ram. That will do it and will only cost you $16,349.00.

Participant

There are different video formats for HD such as .avi .mkv H264 etc.

For every separate format you will need separate codec as a software.

And hardware requirements depends on software codec.

For more detailed information click…

http://www.coreavc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=28&Itemid=1

Participant

32 gigs of ram?…dam thats a lot…i wish i could have that..

Participant

You can get 32 GB of RAM for a Mac Pro for only $1149.00 (or $1249.00 depending on when your Mac was made) from Other World Computing. Not bad at all for 32GB

Participant

if you just want to watch HD, I would Highly reccomendconverting your videos to an HDwmv format.

I’ve never had a problem playing 720p in this format and should work fine with a basic computer.

It’s not good for much else…I would not edit with them.

Participant

>Try aDuel 3.2 Ghz quad core Mac pro with32 gigs of ram and a Nvidia Quadro FX 5600 with 1.5 GB of video ram. That will do it and will only cost you $16,349.00.

This was the computer I’ve had my eye on, but with two FX 5600’s!!!! lol

I know a guy who stuck two of those babies in his PC…he said he went from 24 hour renders down to30 minz!!!!! (AutoCAD 3D renders) These babies are lightning fast, especially withdual Intel Core Extreme processors….so now we’re up to about $22,000.

Hopefully the prices start falling faster, it would be nice to finally havea consumerpriced model that has maxed outthe speed limit.

I think I might be done with Mac however….It hasn’t always been this way, but lately, I’ve just been running into old headaches onmy macthat seem to havebeen eliminatied on a PC. The whole DVDSPBlu ray things is ticking me off too…

I would probably go with the New Nividia Quadro CX designed specifically for Adobe CS4 creative suite…It’s just as good as the FX if not better, but it is only made for the PC….another reason to switch.

These are the systems of the future, and will probably be the mainsteam for vidiots for quite awhile…Its not like you’ll need to go any fasterI think…I’m guessing 3 years should be enough time to get a seriously fast comp for a consumer price….I hope, but it may just be wishful thinking.

Switch to P”rimarly” C”rap” what are you smoking

Participant

Switch to P”rimarly” C”rap” what are you smoking

A very subjective statement. I have been using (and programming) PC’s since 1981 (when they first came out) and have been a professional software developer since 1977 (since 1974 for fun). I have never been comfortable with any Apple (from the IIe up through the latest versions) – I find them difficult to use, whereas I find PC’s very easy – It all depends on the way you are wired and how you think.

I know there are those who swear by Macs and those who swear at them (same as PC’s).

I think everyone should use whatever machine they feel comfortable with and one that meets their needs – technical and budgetary.

Participant

>>>”Switch to P”rimarly” C”rap” what are you smoking”

lol…I just want to use the Quadro CX dammit….lol

….I suppose you’re right,that was a pretty bold statement.

I still haven’t used the “new” Intel Macs yet….

PC’s however have come a long way and I would have no problem using one for most projects….relatively speaking, ofcourse.

(I was up very late working on a project so I was a bit off….I would dissregard that whole “computers of the future stuff” in that last paragraph. ; )

• Viewing 10 reply threads

Best Products

The Best Bags and Cases

The best camera bags and cases — 2020

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
    homicide-bootstrap