What Camera To Buy

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking into buying a video camera to shoot movies with. I am not sure what camera to buy. I am looking into buying the Canon GL2. This will be my starter camera. Thank you in advance for any information.

Inactive

How about the Sony VX2100? I think it’s much better (may be more pricey in the US).

Participant

Your question is too open ended. Need to have some specifics such as: What is your price range? What do you intend to use the camera for? Is size a concern? Do you need an IR mode? Do you need a specifc recording format i.e. mini-DV? Answers to these types of questions will start to focus on the best camcorder for your needs.

Participant

I am looking for a mini-dv in the price range of $700-$1000. I would like to start shooting shorts for film festivals. It has to have firewire and Mac Compatable.

Inactive

How about the Sony DCR-HC1000? It may not be the most professional looking digital camcorder, but it’s a 3-CCD…

Inactive

I would really not advise into buying an used camcorder. No pro sells good gear for little money, unless the stuff is already very “worn” and has done its job…
      So why get something without a warranty, that may only last for a few months, just because it’s pro gear? (It’s happened to me and it’s happened to others, so my opinion is no thanks.)

Participant

I have been looking at the Panasonic AG-DVC7 MiniDV Proline Camcorder. What are you thoughts on this camera?

Participant

I am not familiar with the Panasonic DVC 7 but I receintly bought the DVC30. It is a great unit and I would recommend it if you can stretch your budget. If not, look hard at the Panasonic PV-GS400. It has 3 CCDs and is rated almost has high as the DVC30. Its biggest problem is low light performance. If you will be filming under controlled lighting, it should not be a problem. – Good luck.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The Best Video Editing Software

The best video editing software — 2020

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap